Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Return of the Silver Bullet and an Unlikely Swede


Every now and then I get a 'happy note' from the universe. First of all, I'm feeling better since yesterday I got the camaro back! YAAAAAYYYYY! I was a little scared getting behind the wheel for the first time since the accident. I sat in the parking lot of the collision center at the dealership for a long time and then the car kinda said, "It's ok. Really." Then I heard that familiar rumble when I turned the key in the ignition. SWEEEEEET! In my next life, I want to be a formula race car driver. I do love speed! Anyway, I've slowed down quite a lot since the crash. Getting the car was just perfect. The manager at the shop and everyone else grinned so much when I signed over the insurance check, I thought maybe the Pope was in town or someone had won the Lotto. After I got home, I had a note from Friend Stephen, whose very existence on this earth defies my notions that men are sucky sucky sucky swine! I mean he is the exception and if there is one exception then could there be others? This is a question the Barbie does not want to consider because the Barbie is certain that she is right! I have a perverted need to be right. Then along came "The Swede." A while back I read his Blog. I was fascinated by a life so very different than mine; so ordered and perfect and blessed. Mind you this was a long time ago that I wrote words to that effect on this blog. Well, it seems he googled the Blogosphere and found me. Not only found me but wrote to me. Now I find all of that amazing. Nothing and I mean nothing is more important to me than human to human contact and to think we two very different strangers could meet up like that....well it blows my "Barbiebrain" to smithereeeeens! He wanted to know why I said what I said. I wanted to know why he cared. I don't think either of us got what we wanted but the contact, now that made my day.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger barbie said...

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Alright now! Looking sharp in the Camaro. Thanks for the comment about me. :) You're sweeter than Dixie Crystal.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger barbie said...

Now that's some sweetness. But I must confess, only parts of me are sweet. Other parts are kinda bittersweet.

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

sweet & sour is only good for Chinese food. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home