Sunday, April 30, 2006

Why can't It Be Like This


Yesterday I took Champ to the park and walked the mile track. I do that every Saturday. But this time, I decided to take time out and made a little pic nic for myself and him. His treats included doggie biscuits and beef jerky. I had popcorn. After our walk, we sat under a tree. The breeze was nice after last week's sweltering temperatures. There must be ten baseball fields in the park and they all had games going. The parking lot looked like an SUV convention with tags from all over the state. Parents were unloading grills and coolers. Champ and I settled on a bench under our tree on top of a hill where we could watch a little league game. I couldn't help thinking; God bless the coaches who take the time to do this; provide great memories and experiences for the kids. After a while I forgot about the book I'd brought and really began to enjoy the game. I got lost in the AMERICANA-ness of it all. At one point, I almost broke into "America the Beautiful." It was all so serene, wholesome and good. I wondered, why can't it always be like this? Why aren't all the parents trolling the malls, out here instead spending time with their children? I wondered why are people killing each other in Sudan? Why oh why is there so much misery in the world when there is so much simple joy just waiting to be experienced? There are no answers. I know. But for you out there in Bloggerland, I say this....TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES. You'll be glad you did.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Watch out for the bees though. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home