Friday, May 12, 2006

I See Useless People

Here's the store where I shp for more than I need...I'm the poster child of capitalist greed...a consumer to my very core...At the register there's a useless person, wondering what am I bothering her for...
Going shopping these days, indeed doing anything where "customer service" is involved, increasingly feels like entering the land of the living dead. Where oh where do the stores find these people Is there no such thing as an Employee Manual anymore? The stores seem to be full of ex-crackheads and welfare moms who were forced to get jobs. They serve up their limited skills with plenty of attitude. The only power they have is when they're behind the counter and they have the "power" to ruin your day or destroy whatever exalted notions you had of importance in this world.

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me? ...
Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
Breaking bottles in the hall,
Can you help me?
Hey you, don.t tell me there.s no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.
-- Pink Floyd, The Wall

I worked myself up into a frothy rage last night after doing a bit of shopping. I was in Rugged Warehouse. When the stores can't sell it in the malls, the merchandise ends up in RW. I've never seen anything in there for more than $20. ...Over the intercom someone shouted Shakeyla, your security guard's here. All the femaleworkers in the place moved to the front of the store and began a loud conversation with a male rent a cop who'd seen too many biscuits and barrbecue dinners. Actual Conversation:

Very Pregnant Cashier #1: (trying on sunglasses) "I'm uglyCashier #2: She kee sayin' dat
Cashier #3: She jes wann hear us tell her diff'rent
Guard: Can ya'll get me a job here
Cashier #1: He don't wanna work
Cashier #2: You be behind the counter all da time
Cashier #1: I'm ugly
Cashier #2: I gotta get outta dis place...too many females...I hate me workin wif so much females.



2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Hey you...have a great weekend! :)

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger barbie said...

samae to you...you're a baaaaaaaaaaaad brother!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home