Sunday, May 07, 2006

Now Hear This...I'm The Adult


Yesterday, while cruising Target, I heard a mother tell her dautghter, "If I want to put you in diapers, I will. You do not tell me what you will and will not wear." I wanted to give that woman a dozen roses!
I want every parent out there in bloggerland to memorize this mantra: I AM THE ADULT. When you've got it down cold (no wimping out now), go to your kids and say it like you mean it. I think too many adults have relinquished their roles as absolute dictator. Raising children is a not a protracted democratic process people. In case you haven't noticed, the kids are in control and out of control. It's really not their faults. Kids will be kids after all. They depend on the adults in their world to lead and guide them. Unfortunately, not much leadin' and guidin' is going on. Don't believe me? Ask any school teacher worth a dam and they will tell you. Better yet, go into any store. When kids are too young to leave home alone, parents these days drag them along for hours of shopping. Now hear this, shopping is not a sport and kids seldom if ever enjoy it. Parents are oblivious as thir kids run like midgets on speed all over the store. They use stores as some sort of communal babysitter while they shop. I for one am sick to death of dodging other people's children. I also cringe when I hear the blood curdling screams of a tired child and a cluless parent yell and curse at the child to shut up. Many parents seem to have forgotten that young children DO GET TIRED! and when they're tired, they usually get cranky. Simple solution: take them home! and next time get a babysitter for Chrissakes!

2 Comments:

At 5:59 AM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Ooohh!! I'm feeling that. I don't understand kids just running wild and the parents trying to reason with them like adults. It's crazy!

Hello Barbie! :)

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger barbie said...

Yeah...Parents these days treat their children like accessories. No I take that back. They give their accessories more attention.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home