Saturday, June 16, 2007

Talkin' 'bout a revolution...but not on an empty stomach

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act....
George Orwell

I read a bit more of Stephen King's book on writing...always entertaining if only for the many ways he can use profanity and make it not sound profane...I got creative with a box of Jiffy mix this morning. I call these Date Cakes:

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
Tb butter
1 egg
1 cup milk
half dozen chopped dates
tp brown sugar
nutmeg
cinnamon

Mix and drop spoonfuls in a greased and heated skillet...YUMMY!

I am obviously bored. I will pretend to clean the house (parts of it anyway). The heat makes me feel dead inside and after a stressful week, I'm just glad (for now) not to have anything to think/worry about.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

It's great to just "be" sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home