Friday, April 20, 2007

It's The Daylight Robbers AGAIN!... And They've Brought Reinforcements

This week felt like somebody dropped a mountain-sized shit load of bad karma all over the planet. No one was spared. In times like these, the only real safety net comes in being able to disassociate.....

Here at Mi Casa I find the only solace I have left. I can buy a few plants and stick them in the ground. I can take out my aggression on the weeds. I can take to my bed like a proper Victorean spinster, chardonnay in hand. There's Breyers chocolate cherry in the freezer if none of the above works...

With a few words of wisdom from my online friend, Professor Zero, I got my app off to Newton. I don't want to be pessimistic but.....IT IS NEWTON! I hear the children are born quoting Shakespeare...Am I intimidated? Nah! I aim high because I'm addicted to the maelstrom of monstrous letdowns....Speaking of letdowns, the Washington Post rejected my op-ed. It was seriously considered says they but that's like being told by Mr. McDreamy that you have a great personality and can we be 'just' friends ..... But I dusted that puppy off and sent it to Miami....Those humanist slouts at the Post were probably offended by my tendency to quote the Bible....Only Anne Lamott can get away with that right? Sheesh!

The Daylight Robbers have reared their ugly faces at work again. Is there something that accompanies spring that makes 'em all feel so full of the virulent sludge of inhumanity they all feed on? They ought to all get their asses back to the Darkside and leave me alone to plant marigolds and dream....

Whew! It felt good to get that one off my chest....I think I hear that Chardonnay calling my name....Bye Chil'ren........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home