Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grey But Okay

M's voice scratched through the telephone at 8:30 this morning. I was in a deep restfully good sleep - a very rare occurance. He wanted me to know he's cashed the money orders I gave him for the cabinet installation. Then he gave me detailed instructions on how the estimate should be written because as he informed me, he is experienced in the mysterious ways of insurance reimbursements. I am not one for details, a part of my personality which always gets me into trouble. Part of me just doesn't want to be bothered. "Unh huh, uh hunh, right," says I. "Do whatever." Even when I agree with him, it's not enough. He will come over Monday evening to go over the paperwork with me - ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH! When am I going to be left alone to enjoy my new kitchen. There's still no stove but the new Samsung Industrial size microwave is on the wall. Mon dieu! I will post pics of the entire process from burned kitchen to final installation of the new and shiny. Then the Barbie will get her cooking on!!! I may never come up for air. I have missed trying new recipes each week. Cookies for everyone! I phoned E last night from the vacuum cleaner aisle at Wal-Mart. I'd forgotten the name of the brand she recommended. She is queen of all things clean. On the other hand, I'd be hard pressed to tell you what Comet is good for. I purchased the new Dirt Devil. For $45 I got a little, red, magic machine that sucks up dirt like a bohemoth. I also filled both freezers in anticipation of cooking marathons to come. E's birthday was Tuesday. I promised to treat her to dinner tonight but only if I can pick the restaurant. There is a new sushi place I want to try. I will NOT let her drag me to Red Lobster.

I am addicted to New York portraits, a most amazing blog. It's owner, an architecht named Kitty takes wonderful pics of the city and posts them with equally amazing narrative. I am a lover of clean, simple everything. This blog has that. There is also a great list of blogs on the site, some of which I have read also. Today's excellent read came from http://ramblingsfromanenglishgarden.blogspot.com/.

It's Saturday and there's much to be done. The weather is cool and grey. Just the way I like it. Tomorrow's forecast calls for rain. It will be a perfect day for regenerating - nesting.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for your visit Barbie and your most encouraging comments. Just had a browse through your blog. Interesting writing but missed the pictures when your talk of your camera.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home