Saturday, December 30, 2006

You Go Girls!


I went with (J) to see Dreamgirls yesterday. I was determined to see it before going back to work and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen a movie this good in a long time. I was impressed right away with Danny Glover's presence. He gave an air of 'importance' to the movie right away just by his grace and acting skills. I must admit being skeptical of Eddie Murphy but he did not disappoint. In my opinion he is at his best when he is playing dramatic roles. I don't know why he continues to play parodies of Black women which are demeaning to him and to women. The entire cast deserves two snaps and a chicken wing as does the technical crew and director. I could go on and on about the costumes. What I don't like is how the media has hyped Jennifer Hudson. I don't think any one actor carries this movie. It was a strong ensemble effort. I am a bit partial to Beyonce but.....enough already with the hype about Hudson's 'breakout performance.' We'll see what Oscar says. In the mean time where's the soundtrack? I went immediately to Borders and it isn't there. Big mistake. I bought Madeileine Peyroux's new cd so I could listen to her rendition of Summer Wind...AWESOME. I heard it on someone's MySpace site and had to get it.


Vacation is winding down. Maybe that's why I had a nightmare last night. I was in Miami and parked my car in front of a relative's house. The car was towed and I couldn't get it together...The story of my life....

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Professor Zero said...

OK I am seriously considering going to see it, despite the fact that in order to do so, I must go to a MALL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home