Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Sweetest Gift

I should add a new skill to my resume.
Left to my own devices I seem to be a sloth....Ah hem! and it feels mighty, mighty good, except for the nagging thought which creeps in every so often that I should, I must do something meaningful. I dragged my butt out of the house to walk in the park. It was windy, wet and cold but the walking is more tolerable now with the mp3. After that I went across town to the beauty supply store for three bundles of kinky, bulky # 33. I checked in with (R). When I walked in she was on the phone speaking Korean to one of the store's suppliers. It's always surreal to hear her speak the language. She's as brown as I am.... a real Heinz 57 puppy if ever there was one and one of my favorite people. Tomorrow I'll be sitting in (G's) kitchen getting the hair done. These are life's priorities. Back at home in the cozy comfort of my vanilla scented candle lit living room, I even read a magazine (what luxury).

Right now work seems highly overrated after a few days of slothing around, checking the internet (mail came in from (F) in Japan ...yay!!!), making calls in my new pink nighty with the matching pink slippers and cuddly pink robe. When an outrageous thought hits me I have the freedom to act on it. I've also been experimenting (with some success) in the kitchen. After a recent stop to load up on supplies at Kim's Oriental Market, my taste buds wanted Asian. I pulled out the five spice powder, a $2.99 package of lamb, onion, tomato, beef paste, garlic, ginger, chinese cabbage, carrots, chili peppers...the soup pot and mixed up a masterpiece (if I do say so). (M) recorded the whole process on video. I looked like Jaba the Hut in my BU sweatshirt and red plaid man pj's...oh yeah and pink socks! But I was happy and relaxed. I've earned these days of idle abandon. That's the gift I give myself this holiday season...
The Gift of Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home