Monday, October 09, 2006

Maranatha

This is not a political blog. As a matter of fact, when I started this blog, I never gave much thought to defining what it's all about. I've noticed some people do that. Yay for them. Most of the political stuff people write in blogs, bores me. The exceptions are Professor Zero and Angry Black Bitch aka Shark Fu...I'm always wondering as I try to read through some of it; how people find the time. I mean, we go from disaster to disaster; from one unspeakable horror to the next with scarcely a nano second to digest it all. One of the hardest things for me to do is to mark the importance of something with words when words can't come close to defining the tragic reality. I was memsmerized/outraged/sickened last week by Anderson Cooper's reports on CNN http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/ about Darfor and what is happening there; to women and children; the innocent. At one point he asked, "What has to happen in a society for it to break down to this level of depravity"? The numbers are sickening; so many dead, homeless, maimed, scarred. I am an American and try as I might. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to live with so much suffering. I am ashamed that we are so self indulgent. While most of us complain about trains being late, traffic jams and all manner of nonsense, Africa is imploding. No one seems to care very much. I mean there's Korea, and Iraq and Afghanistan to worry about. I don't have anything clever to say here. I certainly have no answers. But this one thing comes to mind...
"He will wipe away from them every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away."5 He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." He said, "Write, for these words of God are faithful and true."6 He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give freely to him who is thirsty from the spring of the water of life.7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son.8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."....
And to that I say.......Maranatha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home