Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Legally Blown My Mind

I shouldda known better. There is a downside to chemical induced happiness. It's taken me all morning to come out from under an oxy fueled fog. In case you've been under a rock for a while, here's the skinny on Oxy:
OxyContin is a tradename for the narcotic oxycodone hydrochloride (HCl), an opiate agonist. Oxycodone, a semisynthetic opioid derived from the opioid alkaloid thebaine, is similar to codeine, methadone, and morphine in producing opiate-like effects. Oxycodone is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act because of its high propensity to cause dependence and abuse. They call this crap, the poor man's Heroin for chrissake! In short: The brain feels like cheese cloth. But pain makes one desperate. Just ask Rush! So if I ramble on a bit keep in mind that I am under the influence. There's a lot on my mind this morning.

I've put together a list I've been working over in my head for quite some time now; a list of
BE-YOTCHES that the world can do without. Whaddya think?

1. Tyra Banks: Tyra has to look in the mirror just to remind herself, she's Black but lately even the mirror is giving her mixed and unreliable messages.
2. Oprah "The last time I pumped gas was 1983." Need I say more about how detached O is from the real world?
3. Jennifer Aniston: I have never watched one episode of Friends. I do not need to be reminded ,"Its a white world after all." Miss Jen is upset about nude photos circulating. She should be glad anyone wants to look at her at all.
4. Barbara Walters: Quickly becoming the poster bitch for the Thought Police. She knew what she was getting when she hired Rosie. Now let Rosie speak dammit!
5. Condi Rice: I don't trust anyone who talks through clenched teeth. I am convinced she does midnight lap dances for 'Dubya'.
6. Soledad O'Brien: CNN's ethnically correct bobblehead. Is it just me or does it look like she doesn't understand a word being said to her. Gurly must have made it thru Harvard with one hell of a cheat sheet.
*******************************
That Rant made me feel alright!!!!!! Next Up....................
Reading a lil bit of June Jordan this am, I was reminded that great strides for the betterment of the oppressed have never come without a little acting us. Whatever happened to righteous revolution? When are we going to get mad enough to do something ANYTHING about the daily diet of SHITE we are fed on almost every level? Dig out your moral compass dear bloggers and do something to make this world a better place Start anywhere. Register to vote. Help someone else register to vote. Create a green space. Clean up a park. Take a meal to an elderly neighbor. Write a letter to the editor. Picket Wal-Mart. Turn off the TV and talk to your kids. Call someone you've neglected. And say a prayer...
Heaven help us all.....

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM , Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Haa haa!! This was great! :)
You know, I credit you for opening my eyes to who Oprah is. I've never paid her any attention.

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Professor Zero said...

Hi Barbie! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home