Monday, December 26, 2005

Reflections on the Hellidays

Dinner at Barbie's House UMMM UMMMM Good











After the Sheriff's party I had a little celebration of my own...I like to cook and if I must say, I'm pretty good at it. This year's menu was right out of Southern Living: collard greens and okra, red beans and rice, pork roast, turkey, cheesy cornbread w/rosemary, candied yams. I got a little weepy while I was putting it all together, remembering all the dinners I'd wasted on men who aren't around any more, who never thought I was good enough. Does anyone know what men really want? Do they know? I couldn't help thinking I'm a waste of a dam fine woman. I don't care what all those politically correct feminists say, I don't think women were meant to be alone. Ok there's my "moment." I'm not one for feeling sorry for myself. i am afterall a 'dam fine woman.' and to all the men I've loved before.....well, kiss my hot grits!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home