Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Light Goes Out

Courage has a new martyr.
For years, I admired Benazir Bhutto. It was impossible not to notice her beauty but her determination was the real magnet. She had an ethereal presence that was otherworldly. In her eyes I saw the kind of passion which only comes from the creator. Years ago, right after the death of her father, when I first became aware of who she was, I wondered why someone born into privilege would even bother to soil themselves in the slime pit of politics. She fought her way to the political stage and into the hearts of the Pakistani people. Her life would have been easier had she taken the safe route which privilege affords. She would of course have lived longer as well. I will miss her presence on this earth. I cannot imagine the depths of despair felt by her people. I feel as I always do after we lose our best.....that it's all such a waste. I don't understand Benazir's kind of courage, the kind fueled by unconditional love. Truly she loved her people to have sacrificed so much and in return gained so little. The world goes on without the light of her presence; a much more hellish place. I hope she has found peace. Rest well beautiful daughter of the light.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM , Blogger Rent Party said...

Great post. I was really upset by her death, too...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home