Saturday, November 05, 2005

Yea!Yea! It's Saturday


Hello Savannah....the first saturday of every month i go down to savannah; city of evil, city of weeping trees 'n old slave auction houses to see my writer friend rosemary daniell (sleeping with soldiers, sin sex and suicide in the deep south, that hurricane season, the woman who spilled words all over herself)...i'll sit in her livingroom with the members of her writer's group; zona rosa and listen to middle age women lament over unfulfilled dreams....the whole experience is somehow uplifting (that is when i'm not bored outta my skull)....i usually come home thinkin' "gee barbie, your life isn't so bad afterall."

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM , Blogger Evan said...

So I've always wanted to read "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"...I'm asking for it for Christmas. Supposedly it's a good peek at Savannah culture.

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger barbie said...

top o the mornin' to ya evan...i'm in the middle of creating my very own...my very first blog!!! u inspired me...please look at http://wwwbarbieRants and tell me what u think....barb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home